Teaching and Workshops
February 10, 2021 – The Mabin School Presents: Dr. Alex Russell
“Keeping Them Safe While Helping Them Grow: Supporting Children’s Emotional Growth in Challenging Times“.
Join the Mabin community virtually for “Keeping Them Safe While Helping Them Grow: Supporting Children’s Emotional Growth in Challenging Times“. Knowing when and how to support our children at school is never easy. The dangers presented by a pandemic only add to the challenge of balancing the need to protect our children, on the one hand, while continuing to support their emotional growth on the other. This virtual session offers clear and useful guidelines to help parents navigate these challenges while maintaining close, supportive relationships with their children.
Have Dr. Russell present to your group:
Dr. Russell’s workshops offer a fresh perspective on raising self-reliant, motivated children, ready to take on the world.
- Understand parent-child dynamics
- Resist the pressure to over-parent
- Build trusting relationships with teachers and school administration so they can play an effective role in your child’s life
- Understand problems such as ADHD, anxiety, and substance abuse
- Embrace failing as learning, not parental incompetence
- Common-sense strategies for parents worn out from worrying about their kids and their future.
Dr. Russell is a popular public speaker and workshop leader; he has presented to parents, students and educators across Canada. His workshops are informative, lively and interactive. To learn more, click here.